LMM (Lunch Menu Manager) is a centralized solution for maintaining and distributing cafeteria menus. It is written in PHP and stores data with SQLite, making it quite portable and fairly simple to incorporate into any facility's existing web services.
Most cafeterias plan ahead. They decide on which meals will be served days, weeks, or even months in advance. Unfortunately, the same old methods are still being used to distribute the menus to customers:
- After the menu is finalized, someone has to transcribe it into a program such as Publisher for printing.
- Then, someone must manually distribute or post the new menus.
- Each morning, someone has to update the website with the meal for the current day.
- All these "someones" become frustrated by these seemingly redundant steps.
LMM is a centralized menu solution that turns a tedious, repetitive multi-step process into one which can be completed weeks or months in advance in just one sitting. Input your menu just once, and let LMM handle the logistics.
- a productive, clean, and straightforward interface for entering menu data
- the ability to plan menus ahead indefinitely
- a simple means by which menus can be printed and e-mailed, eliminating the need for a manually-updated printable menu such as in Publisher
- dynamic embeddable menus for your website
- a JSON-encoded API for automatically retrieving menu information
Administrator calendar, crimson theme
Menu editor, crimson theme
Public calendar, crimson theme
Generated PDF calendar for printing
Install SQLite3 and enable the necessary PHP extensions for its use. This process varies based on your web server and PHP setup.
Clone the repository as a subdirectory in your web server's document root.
Create a file called
verify_login.php in the root directory of LMM with a single function
verify_login($username = '', $password = '') which returns
false for authentication. Some PHP knowledge required. I have plans for built-in authentication options in the future.
Refer to the technical documentation for more detailed setup instructions and info about the APIs.
A user instruction document is also provided.