DoxyPress is a modern C++ application for generating documentation from annotated sources and API documentation. DoxyPress and DoxyPressApp were initially derived from Doxygen and DoxyWizard.
- User selection for full parsing of C and C++ with clang in lieu of the legacy lex parser
- Clang parser allows complicated modern C++ to be parsed accurately, especially as C++ is updated
- Added a new parser for makefiles
Classes and Containers
- DoxyPress links with the CopperSpice libraries
- Removed all Qt 2 classes and containers
- Refactored to use value based containers instead of pointer based containers
- For improved memory management variadic templates and shared pointers are used
- Source code reformatted for improved readability
- Modified source code to use C++14 functionality, features, and syntax
- Project file format enhanced to use a JSON format for improved functionality
- Command line option to convert Doxygen project files to the DoxyPress JSON format
- Enhanced layout file to include new sections
- Major improvements to the html output for correctness
To build DoxyPress you will need the CopperSpice libraries (CsCore, CsXml), a C++14 compiler, and a C++14 standard library.
Uses CMake or Autotools for building binary files.
Full documentation for DoxyPress is available on the CopperSpice website:
For documentation on how to build the DoxyPress application refer to the following page:
YouTube channel videos about CopperSpice, DoxyPress, C++, and the other topics related to our work.
Links to technical presentations recorded at CppNow and CppCon:
Authors / Contributors
- Ansel Sermersheim
- Barbara Geller
- Andrew Marlow
- Adam Mensel
This library is released under the GPL V2 license. For more information refer to the LICENSE file provided with this project.