Coq Call 2019 12 04
- December 04th, 4pm-5pm Paris Time
- How to join the call
- Add your topics below
- Release plans for 8.12
- Round-table on subjects/topics for the working group (https://github.com/coq/coq/wiki/Next-Coq-Working-Group, Matthieu)
- A few stuck PRs:
- https://github.com/coq/coq/pull/11123 and https://github.com/coq/coq/pull/11102 (ocaml 4.10 compat)
- https://github.com/coq/coq/pull/10254 (remove some @maximedenes entries in codeowners)
- https://github.com/coq/coq/pull/10240 (add sponsor button)
- https://github.com/coq/coq/pull/10853 (avoid double univ declarations from sections)
- https://github.com/coq/coq/pull/10829 (section.t is never empty)
Notes from Matthieu
Plans for 8.12
- 1st of may freeze, TBD at the working group
- no large new features.
- manual ?
- is dune going to be there ? Dependency on 4.06 not a problem Shorter release cycles possible after setting the infrastructure (e.g. like Rust is doing) and also coq-platform should help streamline the release process further.
- Maybe a demo/overview of VSCoq
- Talk about the refman Work
PRs related to OCaml runtime
- Need some expertise (the WG might be a good time to get it, can Guillaume coordinate it?)
- Add Pierre Roux to the VM maintainers ?
- Théo will lead an update of the code-owners at the WG.
Still stuck at legal affairs
The page on the website is outdated and we know it, simply adding a warning can help.
https://github.com/coq/coq/pull/10240 closed or independent-fix label
Waterproof: GUI based on Coq/SerAPI for students.
- Emilio coordinates to see if some components could be reused across GUIs.