This release is mostly a milestone release and syncs up with the latest release of the appc spec yesterday.
Note that due to the introduction of a database for indexing the local CAS, users upgrading from previous versions of Rocket on a system may need to clear their local cache by removing the
cas directory. For example, using the standard Rocket setup, this would be accomplished with
rm -fr /var/lib/rkt/cas.
Major changes since v0.3.2:
- Updated to v0.4.0 of the appc spec
- Introduced a database for indexing local images in the CAS (based on github.com/cznic/ql)
- Refactored container lifecycle to support a new "prepared" state, to pre-allocate a container UUID without immediately running the application
- Added support for passing arguments to apps through the
- Implemented ACI rendering for dependencies
- Added documentation around networking, container lifecycle, and rkt commands