This is a TextMate Bundle for Sass using the newer SCSS syntax. The older Sass syntax that resembles Haml is not supported in this bundle.
Textmate (OS X)
mkdir -p ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles git clone git://github.com/coreyward/SCSS.tmbundle.git
Then reload your bundles in TextMate manually (Bundles > Bundle Editor > Reload Bundles) or run the following:
osascript -e 'tell app "TextMate" to reload bundles'
The language grammar (syntax) is defined in
./Syntaxes/SCSS.tmLanguage. You can edit this directly,
but it is cryptic and hard to maintain. TextMate allows you to use a friendlier JSON syntax to define these
same rules. You can find this definition in
However, TextMate won't just use that file to define the language grammar as-is (of course, there has to be a caveat). In order to get TextMate to recognize your changes to this file you must do the following:
- Copy the entire changed (and saved)
- In TextMate, go to Bundles > Bundle Editor > Show Bundle Editor
- Expand "SCSS" in the list on the left.
- Select the SCSS sub-item (near/at the bottom, with an "L" icon)
- Select all of the text in the text field on the right and paste in your updated JSON definition
- Close the Bundle Editor and reload your bundles (Bundles > Bundle Editor > Reload Bundles)
This will prompt TextMate to regenerate the cryptic SCSS.tmLanguage file and info.plist (if needed). You can then commit your changes and create a pull request.
Credits and More:
Thanks to Chris Eppstein who developed the base SCSS.tmbundle.