Cornell PL WWW
Website for the Cornell Programming Languages group.
Recursively clone the repository:
git clone --recurse-submodules https://github.com/cornell-pl/pl.cs.cornell.edu.git
hugo server -wto generate the website locally.
Adding news items
In two easy steps!
- Edit the news file using one of the formats.
- If you don't have write access, create a pull request and tag @rachitnigam. If you do, just merge! The website automatically rebuilds and redeploys on each push.
To create a new PLDG page type:
hugo new pldg/<semester>.md
<semester> is of the form
Next, edit the file generated in
content/pldg/<semester>.md and update the
pldg to point to the latest webpage.
Most of the content is stored under
- about.md: Content for the about widget.
- news.md: Latest news about the group. To add a new news item, use the
format from the other items. Since the
[[news]]list is order, make sure that the item is added to the top.
- faculty.md, students.md, alumni.md...: Content for various groups of members.
The styling templates are stored under
layouts/. Hugo uses a priority-based
override method for determining which template to use. By default, it uses
the template from
theme/academic/layouts unless there is another template
of the same name (and directory structure) in
For example, if you want to override the styling in
theme/academic/layout/foo/bar.html, simply copy it to
and add your changes.