Minetest World - Rock Scissors Paper Lizard Spock
Mesecons creation that allows you to play Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock in Minetest!
Winner of the 1st Mesecons Machine Competition!.
Rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock is a five-gesture expansion of the classic selection method game rock-paper-scissors. It operates on the same basic principle, but includes two additional weapons: the lizard (formed by the hand as a sock-puppet-like mouth) and Spock (formed by the Star Trek Vulcan salute). This reduces the chances of a round ending in a tie.
The rules of Rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock are:
- Scissors cuts paper
- Paper covers rock
- Rock crushes lizard
- Lizard poisons Spock
- Spock smashes scissors
- Scissors decapitates lizard
- Lizard eats paper
- Paper disproves Spock
- Spock vaporizes rock
- Rock crushes scissors
There are ten possible pairings of the five gestures; each gesture beats two of the other gestures and is beaten by the remaining two.
- Each player can see the output, win/lose/draw
- Glass window so you can see the other player, but not their choice
- Player detector, when disabled pistons close Player 2 room and a CPU will play
- Players choice is locked in until reset
- Random number generator using a 3-bit clock and decoder
- Indicator lights to show which lines are active
- Lots of signs to help understand what's happening
- Clean wire connections
- Use of many Minetest blocks to create decorations
- Thanks to VanessaE for helping with the CPU Opponent.
- The game Rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock was invented by Sam Kass and Karen Bryla.