Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.
Cannot retrieve contributors at this time
v0.7 - July 2018
v0.6 - 13 April 2018
- Modd now has a built-in shell interpreter, which is used to execute commands
by default. This means modd.conf files should now be fully portable.
- Subprocess execution has been revamped. We now send signals to process groups
on all platforms, which fixes issues with runners that don't pass signals on
to children (notably
- Deprecate the
exec shell variant. This is no longer needed now we have a
- Add support for PowerShell on all platforms.
v0.5 - 17 November 2017
- Ensure that emitted relative paths start with "./"
- Minor bugfixes and updates
v0.4 - 28 September 2016
- Comprehensively reassess how we deal with paths and symlinks.
- Add escaping for @ in commands.
- Updates to docs and minor fixes
v0.3 - 8 April 2016
- Add an "indir" block option to control the execution directory for a block.
- Fix some formatting issues in notifications (thanks @stereosteve).
v0.2 - 11 February 2016
- Modd no longer exits when there are script errors on first run. Instead,
blocks with errors will be progressively started when there are applicable
- +onchange option to prep commands tells modd skip execution on startup, and
run only when there's a detected change. (thanks Thomas B Homburg
- @shell magic variable to switch the shell used to execute commands. Current
options are "bash" and "exec". (thanks Daniel Theophanes
- Modd now uses an exponential backoff strategy for daemon restarts (Josh
Bleecher Snyder email@example.com)
- Bugfix: Fix a format string issue that could cause some program output on the
console to be corrupted. (thanks Yoav Alon firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Windows support - thanks to @mattn for getting the ball rolling
- Fix a serious bug that prevented recursive watching on Linux
- Show full, variable expanded commands in logs
- Use slash-delimited paths throughout, even on Windows
- Properly handle CRLF line endings in config files
- Many, many small bugfixes and improvements
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.