NERO Character Creator for the Web
This web app is designed to be usable from mobile phones, tablets, or from the desktop.
It is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 3.
Checking Out the Code
- git clone git://github.com/corvec/ncc-web.git
- cd ncc-web
- git submodule init
- git submodule update
To fully be able to build and develop for this project, you will need the following tools:
HTML and Ruby
- index.html loads ncc.min.js
- debug.html loads ncc.js
- git.html loads ncc.js from the git server.
git.html allows you to test just-pushed changes before updating the web-server. Note that for this to use your git server, you must update index.rb. (Yes, I could figure out the server based on .git/config, but I'd have to make assumptions about your configuration).
Compiling this page is simple (command and expected output is below):
~/git/ncc-web$ ruby ncc.rb index.html generated debug.html generated git.html generated
- js/ncc-init.js contains initialization code.
- js/ncc-keys.js contains key-handling code.
- js/ncc-skills.js contains skill-purchasing code
- js/ncc-prereqs.js contains prereq handling code
- js/ncc-magic.js contains magic handling code - buying spells, switching schools, etc.
- js/ncc-export.js contains code for exporting to PDF, email, and the save link
- js/ncc-info.js contains code used to get and set general info for the character
cat js/* | ../UglifyJS/bin/uglifyjs > ncc.min.js
ncc.css contains most of the CSS for this app, but the Noty library has its own CSS as well.
The meat of the game rules for character creation are stored in ncc.yml
The setup for UglifyJS is simple (on an Ubuntu machine, at least). In a command prompt, navigate to the folder where you store git repos (for this example, ~/git).
~/git$ git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:mishoo/UglifyJS.git ~/git$ sudo aptitude install nodejs nodejs-legacy