React with Flux Starter Kit
This contains the completed environment setup that we walk through in detail in module 2 of "Building Applications with React and Flux" on Pluralsight.
This starter kit gives you the following:
- React, React Router, and Flux for ultra-responsive UI development
- Browserify bundling
- jQuery with Bootstrap for styling
- Gulp build that:
-- compiles JSX
-- lints JSX and JS via ESLint
-- bundles JS and CSS files
-- migrates the built app to the dist folder
-- runs a dev webserver
-- opens your browser at the dev URL
-- reloads the browser upon save
To get started:
- Install NodeJS
- Download this repo
- Open the command line of your choice and cd to the root directory of this repo on your machine
npm install- Installs packages
npm install -g gulp- Installs gulp globally. Why globally?
gulp- Builds the project and opens your browser.
- Navigate to http://localhost:9005/ if your browser doesn't open automatically.
You're now all set to follow along with the course!
Having Issues? Try this:
- If you have an .eslintrc file in your user directory, delete it.
- Aug 20, 2015 - Updated to use gulp-open 1.0.0 and browserify 11.0.1 since the course has been updated to use these versions.
- Jan 23, 2016 - Fixed missing quotes around jQuery globals in .eslintrc.
- Jan 12, 2017 - Added link to completed demo and updated demo that uses latest versions as of early 2017.