Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
TL;DR: Multi-platform, multi-language compatibility improved.
If you are using Themis on x64 systems, consider upgrading every Themis library/wrapper you were using to
0.10.0. Incompatibility issues may arise between previous Themis versions and
0.10.0on x64 machines (#279).
Check the Migration Guide for more details.
- Updated the descriptions of Crypto systems, added more usage examples and code samples.
- Refreshed code samples in language tutorials, made them more readable.
Obj-C | Swift | Java and Android | Python | PHP | Ruby | C++ | Go | Node js.
- Added human-friendly description of Secure Comparator and supplied usage examples for all languages with the exception of PHP.
- Added support of Ubuntu 17.10.
- Removed support of Ubuntu 16.10 and Ubuntu 17.04 (no more compiled binaries for these OSs now).
- Added CLI utils for easy testing of Secure Cell, Secure Message, and Key generation on local machine. Available for Python, Ruby, Go, NodeJS, and PHP. Check the Console Utils guide for more details and usage description/guide.
- Added Integration test suit for the majority of the available language wrappers, which was the catalyst for many fixes in this release.
- Added support of CircleCI 2.0 with multiple workflows. This allows testing each language wrapper and integrations between them easily and quickly (#295, #299).
- C++ wrapper:
- Added a set of unit tests (#292).
- Android wrapper:
- iOS wrapper:
- Fixed arguments' order for Secure Cell in the Token Protect mode, which caused incompatibility with older versions of rubythemis (#281). Please check the migration guide for the details;
- Added CLI utils and integration tests that allow you to test Secure Cell, Secure Message, and Key generation on your local machine (#277, #293, #305, #306)
- Added support of PHP 7.0, 7.1, 7.2 (#278, #280);
- Added a package for
phpthemis. Now you don't need to compile it from sources. See the installation PHP guide for more details;
- Improved unit tests. Now it's easy to run tests because all the dependencies are handled by a php-composer (#284, #285, #303);
- Added a memory test suit, which allows us to keep a closer eye on PHPThemis' memory usage (#298);
- Added CLI utils and integration tests that allow you to test Secure Cell, Secure Message, and Key generation on your local machine (#277, #293, #305, #306).
TL;DR: OpenSSL 1.1 support.
- Significant update of the Contributing section in Wiki.
- Removed support for Ubuntu Precise.
.rpmpackage versioning (#240).
- Added a handy command for preparing and running of all the tests
- Added small changes and updates into Makefile to make it even better and fixed the installing dependencies (#236, #239, #250).
- added OpenSSL 1.1 support (#208).
- Android wrapper:
- iOS wrapper:
Mostly usability fixes for wrappers.
- You can now download pre-built Themis packages from our package server.
- Enhanced building process for MacOS (working now!) (#215).
- Enhanced building process for Debian 9.x (working even better now!).
- Updated documentation and examples to make it easier to understand.
- Now we use Bitrise as a separate CI for iOS wrapper.
- Test and code coverage are automagically measured now!
- Core: disabled SHA1 support.
- Secure Comparator: magically improved code readability (#196, #195).
- iOS wrapper: added support of dynamic frameworks and bitcode (#222, #219, #205).
- Go wrapper: refactored custom error (
- PHP wrapper: updated tests.
- PyThemis: considerably improved example projects.
This is tiny intermediary release to lock ongoing changes in stable form for all languages:
- BoringSSL support on Android and Linux
- Fixed some leaks and code styling problems (thanks to @bryongloden)
- Memory management updates for stability in languages, which rely on sloppy GC
- Fix Themis build errors under certain conditions
- Secure Comparator examples for many languages
- Swift3 support + numerous enhancements from @valeriyvan, thanks a lot!
- GoThemis: fixed rare behavior in Secure Session wrapper
- GoThemis examples
- JsThemis syntax corrections and style fixes
- JsThemis Nan usage to enhance compatibility
- More and better Themis Server examples
- Enhanced error messages (now with proper spelling!)
- Corrections for RD_Themis
- Lots of new high-level language wrappers
- Enhanced documentation
- Lots of various demo projects
- Updated Themis Server
- Better make system verbosity (now you can actually see what succeeded and what didn't)
- Infrastructure to build Java on all platforms
- iOS wrapper now has umbrella header.
- We added Swift language examples and howto.
- Themis wrapper for Go language: howto (examples coming soon).
- Themis wrapper for NodeJS: examples and howto.
- Google Chrome-friendly spin-off called WebThemis was released.
- Themis wrapper for C++: examples and howto.
- Secure Comparator got serious updates to eliminate possible security drawbacks pointed out by cryptographic community.
- Much better documentation
- We've introduced Themis Server, interactive environment to debug your apps and learn how Themis works.
- Tests for all platforms and languages.
- Themis is now integrated with Circle CI, with controls every repository change and tests it
- Added conditional compilation for advanced features (see 4.5 and our blog for more information)
- Doxygen-friendly comments in code
- Python Themis wrapper is now Python 3 / PEP friendly.
- Android Themis wrapper for Secure Message now works in Sign/Verify mode, too.
- PHP Themis wrapper now supports Secure Session (although with some advice on use cases, see docs).
- iOS wrapper supports iOS 9, lots of minor fixes.
- Better exceptions and verbose errors in some wrappers.
- Longer RSA keys support
- Better abstractions for cryptosystem parameters like key lengths.
- Zero Knowledge Proof-based authentication called Secure Comparator. Advanced experimental feature.
This release includes updates for mobile platforms and OS X:
- Objective-C wrapper becomes more developer-friendly
- updated Android wrapper for compatibility with Android 5 and x86
- updated Python wrapper to build on OSX, updated Enum dependences