TL;DR: Multi-platform, multi-language compatibility improved.
If you are using Themis on x64 systems, consider upgrading every Themis library/wrapper you were using to
0.10.0. Incompatibility issues may arise between previous Themis versions and
0.10.0on x64 machines (#279).
Check the Migration Guide for more details.
- Updated the descriptions of Crypto systems, added more usage examples and code samples.
- Refreshed code samples in language tutorials, made them more readable.
Obj-C | Swift | Java and Android | Python | PHP | Ruby | C++ | Go | Node js.
- Added human-friendly description of Secure Comparator and supplied usage examples for all languages with the exception of PHP.
- Added support of Ubuntu 17.10.
- Removed support of Ubuntu 16.10 and Ubuntu 17.04 (no more compiled binaries for these OSs now).
- Added CLI utils for easy testing of Secure Cell, Secure Message, and Key generation on local machine. Available for Python, Ruby, Go, NodeJS, and PHP. Check the Console Utils guide for more details and usage description/guide.
- Added Integration test suit for the majority of the available language wrappers, which was the catalyst for many fixes in this release.
- Added support of CircleCI 2.0 with multiple workflows. This allows testing each language wrapper and integrations between them easily and quickly (#295, #299).
- C++ wrapper:
- Added a set of unit tests (#292).
- Android wrapper:
- iOS wrapper:
- Fixed arguments' order for Secure Cell in the Token Protect mode, which caused incompatibility with older versions of rubythemis (#281). Please check the migration guide for the details;
- Added CLI utils and integration tests that allow you to test Secure Cell, Secure Message, and Key generation on your local machine (#277, #293, #305, #306)
- Added support of PHP 7.0, 7.1, 7.2 (#278, #280);
- Added a package for
phpthemis. Now you don't need to compile it from sources. See the installation PHP guide for more details;
- Improved unit tests. Now it's easy to run tests because all the dependencies are handled by a php-composer (#284, #285, #303);
- Added a memory test suit, which allows us to keep a closer eye on PHPThemis' memory usage (#298);
- Added CLI utils and integration tests that allow you to test Secure Cell, Secure Message, and Key generation on your local machine (#277, #293, #305, #306).