Clone this wiki locally
This is the place to discuss development and contribution to Couchbase Lite for iOS. You’ll find pages about coding style and running the tests. There are also pages about experimental features (either things that are still in the design phase, or things that are checked in on a branch.) As the features become adopted into the product, their content will move to official documentation.
- The best resource for getting started is the Couchbase mobile portal, with examples, code, etc..
These are informal documents describing features that aren’t yet part of the standard cross-platform API. (They’re supported features, just not available on other platforms yet.)
- All API changes in version 1.1
- CBLView.documentType optimization
- Database Encryption
- Full Text Search
- Inverse Relationships for CBLModel
- LiteServ With SSL
- Enabling Logging
- Replication Custom Properties
- The Query Builder
- Query Enhancements for filtering and sorting
- SSL support, including P2P
These should become available in the next major release (currently 1.2) but we can’t make promises. Right now you’ll need to check out and build the code yourself.
Community and Contributing
- Couchbase Lite In The Wild — a (very incomplete and out of date!) list of shipping apps
- Mailing list for getting started and feedback on your first patch
- Diagnosing exceptions to make your bug reports more useful
- Sign the Contributor License Agreement
Working On Couchbase Lite
- Building Couchbase Lite
- Internal Object Design And Schema
- Replication Algorithm
- Coding Style
- How To Run (And Write) Unit Tests
- Grocery Sync — The classic demo, a syncable shopping list for iOS. Shows how to display documents in a table view and how to configure replication.
- Tunes — An iTunes library browser for Mac OS. Shows how to use grouping and reduce functions to drill down into hierarchically-structured data.
- TouchWiki — A wiki client for iOS. A larger demo that shows how to model documents as Objective-C classes, how to save local drafts of changes, and has a fairly sophisticated replication UI.