- Manages HTTP-based data access for Couchbase Lite mobile clients
- Leverages Couchbase Server as it's horizontally scalable backing data store
- Clustered into a horizontally scalable tier
- Provides access control and data routing
- Provides HTTP longpoll changes stream of all database mutations
To build Sync Gateway from source, you must have the following installed:
- Go 1.9 or later with your
$GOPATHset to a valid directory
See Installing Go
$ yum install gcc
Download and build via repo
This is the recommended approach. See the Extended Build Instructions to build with dependency pinning via the
repo multi-repository tool.
Download and build via go get
Download and build the code in a single step via
$ go get -u -t github.com/couchbase/sync_gateway/...
After this operation completes you should have a new
sync_gateway binary in
NOTE: This build style is only suitable for development rather than deployment. There is a chance this might fail or have runtime errors due to using the latest version of all dependencies (whereas release builds use dependency pinning). Please file an issue if you run into problems.
Apache 2 license.