Authored by: Brian McMurray (bmcmurray) and Steven Merrill (smerrill)
- Make it easy for hackers to write graphically-impressive presentations in Markdown.
- Allow easier collaboration on these presentations through GitHub.
- Allow users to commit and publish their presentations through GitHub using GitHub Pages.
- Provide a good print stylesheet so that a user can print to PDF when conferences ask for slide decks.
- Provide a simple slideshow mode for generating quick, regular slide shows (simple cross-fades between slides without the need to individually position each slide "Prezi-style."
- Provide an easy way of dropping in new presentation themes.
How to Use Hekyll
- Download and install Jekyll.
- Download or clone the Hekyll repository.
- Configure options in _config.yml
- Create a new Markdown file for each slide in
_posts. Use the
post_template.mdas a starting point. Be sure to name each file with a date, just like Jekyll.
This project stands on the shoulders of giants and would not be possible without these projects: