Installs and configures Visual Studio 2010 + SP1.
Resources and Providers
- node['vs-2010']['base-network-location'] = "\\yournetworkserver\pathtoisos"
- node['vs-2010']['base-network-username'] = "yourusername"
- node['vs-2010']['base-network-password'] = "yourpassword"
- Download Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate (x86) - DVD: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/json/GetDownloadRequest?brand=MSDN&locale=en-us&fileId=41833&activexDisabled=false
- Download Visual Studio 2010 SP1 - DVD: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/securejson/GetDownloadRequest?brand=MSDN&locale=en-us&fileId=45796&activexDisabled=false
- Place the ISOs you downloaded on a network share that is accessible from the computers you wish to install VS 2010 + SP1 on
- Override the default attributes to match your network environment, ideally using a hostname instead of an IP (see attributes section, above)
License and Author
Author:: Joe Fitzgerald (Twitter: @joefitzgerald)
Copyright:: 2012 EMC Corporation
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.