Clone this wiki locally
- Apps are small applications that bring additional functionality to Coviu telehealth calls
- Apps are installed from the App Marketplace, much like apps from the Apple Appstore
- Apps can be created by third parties to for deployment on Coviu, and in this wiki you'll find out how
- Coviu Developer Service Desk - register for development access, support, bugs, feature requests and code submissions
- Coviu Apps wiki - this wiki which contains all documentation and sample code
- Would you like your product and Coviu to work seamlessly in parallel?
- Consider a Link Integration instead of an App
- Would you like to embed Coviu in your product?
- Consider our Session API instead of an App
- Would you like to embed your product inside Coviu?
Would a screen share suffice? If so, Coviu can do that without modification.
If a screenshare isn't sufficient, you should consider an App and continue below. Usually an App is most appropriate if input or rich interaction is required from the patient.
Timeline is typically 4-6 weeks from inception to public launch, with these steps:
- Partner: Reviews the Coviu user flow and decides on the most appropriate position for their App
- Partner: Contact Coviu to request access to the Partner Service Desk
- Parter: Review sample code in this repo, and create a new App
- Coviu & Partner: Decide on timeline for shared marketing, PR and launch activities
- Partner: Submit App code at least 2 weeks before planned launch date
- Coviu charges practices (not patients) then remit fees to vendors each month
- Practices are billed in their usual cycle
- Apps are generally priced per month
- Consider App project checklist
- Understand the user journey through Coviu call workflow
- See Types of Apps and decide which is right for you
- Visit How to develop an App with instructions for developers
- Register your development environments (sandbox)
- Prepare the content and assets described in the App project checklist
- Configure webhooks to let your App access your API endpoints
- Submit your questions or content at the Partner Service Desk
- Submit your code at the Partner Service Desk