- Update the documentation to reflect any changes.
- Make sure you've updated the insert sidebox on the index page.
- Make sure you've updated the downloads page to reflect where the new files will be.
- Make sure you've also updated the version in the executables.html page.
- Make sure you're also updated the version maven plugin in the sample poms.
- Make sure any new modules are included
- Make sure the parent pom includes any new modules.
- Make sure the top pom includes any new modules.
- Make sure the rt pom includes any new modules.
- Make sure the build-site.xml file includes any new modules (either optional or in core.libs.fileset)
- replace all instances of old_version with new_version (do a replaceAll operation, note that maven-release-plugin isn't viable until ENUNCIATE-501 is fixed, which depends on MRELEASE-669)
mvn clean install(to run all the tests)
- Make sure the samples are working.
mvn clean deploy(your new version should now be deployed)
- Build the distribution from the LAST RELEASE TAG (e.g.
ant -f build-site.xml dist)
https://dav.codehaus.org/snapshots.dist/enunciate/for snapshot dist)
sitecopy --update enunciate
- Make your announcements.
- mailing lists
- webcohesion blog
- Update the WIKI, close all JIRA issues for last version. Announce version release in JIRA.