EA's new Battlelog service is pretty awesome. Except when it isn't.
What does this script do?
- Auto-retries server join so you don't have to spam the button. To cancel auto-retry, click the "Close" button in the Game Manager error popup.
Remembers and auto-re-applies server browser sorting preference.Fixed!
- Automatically selects the first server in the server browser after refreshing or sorting.
- Prevents the server browser from scrolling to the top of the page on refresh.
What might this script do in the future?
- Possibly other stuff related to server browsing / joining.
If you're using Firefox, make sure you have the Greasemonkey add-on installed first.
Note: If you were using the original gist version, uninstall that first. See the "What's a Userscript?" section of this document for more information about managing userscripts.
To install, click this userscript, then click Ok/Continue/Install in any browser confirmation dialogs that pop up. Once installed, reload the Battlelog webpage. You should see a little blue message in the top left of Battlelog confirming that Battlelog Hacks has been loaded.
What's a Userscript?
Userscripts are a convenient way to be able to add extra functionality to webpages. Chrome has native support for userscripts as Extensions, and Firefox supports userscripts via the Greasemonkey add-on.
To manage userscripts:
- In Chrome: Tools > Extensions
- In Firefox: Greasemonkey > Manage User Scripts
- This is a work in progress.
- Lots of messages are logged to the console. Check it out.
- This has been tested in Firefox 7 (with Greasemonkey) and Chrome 14.
- It works for me.
- Hopefully ESN will fix these issues internally, rendering this script obsolete.
Running in "development" mode:
- Install Git for Windows if you don't already have it.
- In Git Bash, run
git clone git://github.com/cowboy/battlelog-hacks.git && cd battlelog-hacks && git submodule init && git submodule update
- Disable the
battlelog-hacks.user.jsuserscript / extension. See the "What's a Userscript?" section for more information on this.
battlelog-hacks-dev.user.jsinto the browser and click Ok/Continue/Install as-necessary.
- Edit scripts in the
- Reload Battlelog.
- Repeat steps 6-7 ad nauseum. Note that if you add or rename files, you'll need to edit
dev\node\files.jsand kill/restart the webserver (step 5).
- Once done, run
devsubdirectory to build
Remember that once you're done developing, you'll need to disable
battlelog-hacks-dev.user.js and re-enable
battlelog-hacks.user.js. Or just leave the webserver running, always.
In lieu of a formal styleguide, take care to maintain the existing coding style. Issue a pull request when done. Found a bug? File an issue.
Also, please don't edit files in the "dist" subdirectory as they are generated via
build.cmd. You'll find source code in the
10/30/2011 Initial release. Not even a version number.
10/30/2011 v0.1.1 Adding "development" web server and userscript. Auto-retry join errors are now whitelisted, to avoid auto-retrying in certain situations (like when kicked from a server). Version number is announced in a little blue box upon start.
11/4/2011 v0.3.0 Removed server browser re-sort code (which has been implemented natively) Automatically selects the first server in the server browser after refreshing or sorting.
Copyright (c) 2011 "Cowboy" Ben Alman
Licensed under the MIT license.