This repository contains firmware and Hardware design files for the Karatelight 8/16 channel RGB LED Dimmer.
karate_v2.X contain the firmware for the device
- both are MPLAB X projects. I used version 1.41 to work with them, but any newer version should work as well.
karate_xc8.Xcan be build with microchips XC8 compiler
karate_v2.Xrequires the MCC18 compiler
- You might want to adjust the USB VID/PID when building this
- The code is based on microchip examples, so for most part of it the microchip licence applies. Those files have a intact microchip header-
- All other files are GPL v2. see gpl-2.0.txt
- Most files are encoded iso8859-1, some might be utf-8
fsUSB_Bootloader contains a bootloader for the device. Its software from microchip, just slightly adjusted to the hardware (Fuses, Switch).
- The Hardware is licensed CERN OHL version 1.2
- Both the base-board and the extension-board are included
- The files were created using Cadsoft Eagle 6.3.
- Only the latest revision (v06b) of the board is in this repository. If you need the files for a previous version, please contact me.
- The files
20150310_KarateLight-Exp_Haka.zipwere used for board production
- The folder
stencilcontains files used to create a stencil and stencil holder with a laser-cutter.
- There is a BOM with links to reichelt, digikey and mouser article numbers. Prices are most likely outdated.
The device can be used with various software packages. Some of them are