sparklines for your shell -- a Python implementation
I was dissatisfied with several aspects of holman's version, so here is another cr re-invention of the wheel, and it improves on the following points:
- Speed. We're talking about a factor of 10 or more.
- Full support for floating point values (in Python format).
- Deterministic behavior. No more value skipping, or weird bucketing behavior with small lists.
- Argument handling. Who needs CSV? We want whitespace!
- Pipe support by reading from stdin.
- Re-usability via Python class.
spork is a python script, so make sure it's executable (
chmod +x) and drop it somewhere and make sure
the dirctory is added to your
spork and pass it a whitespace-delimited list of numbers:
spork 0 30 55 80 33 150 ▁▂▃▄▂▇
Calling spork without arguments reads values from stdin. Invoke help with