Happy Lager Craft CMS Demo Site
This repo contains all of the templates, front-end resources, and a MySQL database backup for “Happy Lager”, a Craft demo site.
You can find out more about Craft at craftcms.com.
Happy Lager takes advantage of several Craft features:
The content in Happy Lager is managed from the following sections:
- Four “Single” sections:
- Services Index
- Work Index
- Two “Channel” sections:
- Two “Structure” sections:
The News section has two entry types:
- Article – used to store news articles
- Link – used to store links to articles on other websites
This site has the following Matrix fields:
- Article Body – used to store the varying content of the About page and News, Services, and Work entries.
- Contact Methods – used to store Locations’ various contact methods.
- Services Body – used to store information about the Services.
- Testimonials – used to store the Homepage testimonials.
This site has the following relational fields:
- Services Performed (Entries) – used to relate Work entries to the relevant Services entries.
- Client Logos (Assets) – used to related the Homepage to the logos that should be displayed in the “Our Best Drinking Buddies” section.
- Featured Image (Assets) – used to relate a featured image to News, Work, Services, and Locations entries.
- Featured Thumb (Assets) – used to relate a featured thumbnail to Work entries.
- Hero Image (Assets) – used to relate a hero image to the Homepage.
- Service Icon (Assets) – used to relate an icon to Services entries.
- There are additional Assets fields within the “Article Body” and “Service Body” Matrix fields.
This site has the following asset volumes:
- Site Assets – used to store all miscellaneous site imagery.
- Company Logos – used to store the company logos that are displayed on the Homepage.
- Service Icons – used to store Services’ icons.
You can check out Happy Lager online from demo.craftcms.com.
If you want to install the site locally, follow these instructions:
Download/clone the repo on your computer:
git clone https://github.com/craftcms/demo.git happylager.test
composer installwithin the clone:
cd happylager.test composer install
.env.examplefile at the root of the project to
.env, and set its
DB_PASSWORDvariables to the correct values. (If you’re on a Mac, you may need to type Command + Shift + . in Finder to show hidden files.)
Ensure that the following files and directories have permissions that will allow PHP to read and write to them:
Run this command in the CLI from your project's root to automatically generate a security key for the site:
php craft setup/security-key
Create a new MySQL database called
happylager, and import
Create a new virtual host with the hostname
happylager.testthat points to the
hostsfile to resolve
127.0.0.1, if necessary.
Now point your browser at
http://happylager.test. You should see the Happy Lager homepage.
The Craft Control Panel is located at
http://happylager.test/admin. You can log in with the following credentials: