This repo contains the code used to analyze Reddit comments about the Github acquisition by Microsoft. You can view the full article here [ADD LINK].
How to use this repo
First create a config.py file. It should contain the following information with the following variable names:
- username = Your Reddit Username
- password = Your Reddit password
- client_id = Reddit Client ID
- client_secret = Reddit Client Secret
- plotly_username = Plotly username
- plotly_api_key = Plotly api key
Then run the scripts in this order, I'll also provide a quick explanation of what each does.
- gatherdata.py : Uses PRAW to gather reddit comments that talk about Microsoft and Github from your subreddit of choice
- analyzecomments.py : Runs all the saved comments through Google Cloud's Natural Language Processor
- plotdata.py : Plots all the data in nice looking graphs using Plot.ly