Featured Category Widget
Showcase a specific category with ease, including optionally setting a featured image and listing child categories.
- Contributors: craigsimps
- Donate link: https://paypal.me/craigsimps
- Tags: category, widget
- Requires at least: 3.5
- Tested up to: 4.9
- Stable tag: trunk
- Requires PHP: 5.3
- License: GPL2
- License URI: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Widgetized themes often include support for adding a featured page or post, but often there's no easy way to feature a category from your blog.
With Featured Category Widget you can easily featured a blog category (or a category from a custom taxonomy, like products), add a custom image and optionally show the category description and a list of sub categories.
- Add custom image and set display size.
- Optionally show category description and/or subcategories.
- Supports custom taxonomies.
- Developer friendly hooks and filters throughout.
- Translated into French, Spanish, German.
- Go to Plugins > Add New and search for "Featured Category Widget".
- Click install, then activate.
- With the plugin activated, you'll see a new widget called "Featured Category Widget", which you can drag into your sidebar/ widget area and configure to you liking.
= 1.0.0 =
- Initial release.