Main window of WindowsSpyBlocker
app.conf is generated at first launch :
For more info, take a look at Wiki.
Telemetry and data collection
To capture and analyze network traffic for the telemetry option, QEMU virtual machines are used on the server virtualization management platform Proxmox VE based on :
- Windows 10 Pro 64bits with automatic updates enabled.
- Windows 8.1 Pro 64bits with automatic updates enabled.
- Windows 7 SP1 Pro 64bits with automatic updates enabled.
Traffic dumps are clean every day and compared with the current rules to add / remove some hosts or firewall rules.
Tools used to capture traffic :
data folder contains the blocking rules based on domains or IPs detected during the capture process :
data/<type>/extra.txt: Block third party applications
data/<type>/spy.txt: Block Windows Spy / Telemetry
data/<type>/update.txt: Block Windows Update
- DNSCrypt : a protocol for securing communications between a client and a DNS resolver.
- OpenWrt : an open source project used on embedded devices to route network traffic.
- P2P : a plaintext IP data format from PeerGuardian.
- Proxifier : an advanced proxy client on Windows with a flexible rule system.
- simplewall : a simple tool to configure Windows Filtering Platform (WFP).
And about data collection, you can read the Telemetry collection page for more info.
Projects using WindowsSpyBlocker
- pi-hole : A black hole for Internet advertisements (designed for Raspberry Pi).
- OpenWrt adblock package : DNS based ad/abuse domain blocking
- WPD : Customize Group Policy, Services and Tasks, responsible for data collection and sending, as you like.
- simplewall : Simple tool to configure Windows Filtering Platform (WFP).
- LEDE Project : A Linux operating system based on OpenWrt.
- Mikrotik hosts parser : An application that blocks "advertising" for routers based on RouterOS.
- void-zones-tools : A list of void zones that can be readily feed into Unbound on FreeBSD.
- DNSCrypt Proxy : A flexible DNS proxy, with support for encrypted DNS protocols.
How can I help ?
All kinds of contributions are welcome
The most basic way to show your support is to star
But we're not gonna lie to each other, I'd rather you buy me a beer or two
LICENSE for more details.
Icon credit to Icons8.