Counter-Strike : Global Offensive Server Launcher
A simple script to create and launch your Counter-Strike : Global Offensive Dedicated Server. Tested on Debian and Ubuntu.
Of course a Steam account is required to create a Counter-Strike : Global Offensive dedicated server.
Required commands :
Execute the following commands to download the script :
$ cd /etc/init.d/ $ wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/crazy-max/csgo-server-launcher/master/csgo-server-launcher.sh -O csgo-server-launcher --no-check-certificate $ chmod +x csgo-server-launcher $ update-rc.d csgo-server-launcher defaults $ mkdir /etc/csgo-server-launcher/ $ wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/crazy-max/csgo-server-launcher/master/csgo-server-launcher.conf -O /etc/csgo-server-launcher/csgo-server-launcher.conf --no-check-certificate
Before running the script, you must change some vars in the config file
- SCREEN_NAME - The screen name, you can put what you want but it must be unique and must contain only alphanumeric character.
- USER - Name of the user who started the server.
- IP - Your WAN IP address.
- PORT - The port that your server should listen on.
- GSLT - Anonymous connection will be deprecated in the near future. Therefore it is highly recommended to generate a Game Server Login Token. More info : http://steamcommunity.com/dev/managegameservers
- DIR_STEAMCMD - Path to steamcmd.
- STEAM_LOGIN - Your steam account username.
- STEAM_PASSWORD - Your steam account password.
- STEAM_RUNSCRIPT - Name of the script that steamcmd should execute for autoupdate. This file is created on the fly, you don't normally need to change this variable.
- DIR_ROOT - Root directory for the server.
- DIR_GAME - Path to the game.
- DIR_LOGS - Directory of game's logs.
- DAEMON_GAME - You don't normally need to change this variable.
- UPDATE_LOG - The update log file name.
- UPDATE_EMAIL - Mail address where the update's logs are sent. Leave empty to disable sending mail.
- UPDATE_RETRY - Number of retries in case of failure of the update.
- API_AUTHORIZATION_KEY - To download maps from the workshop, your server needs access to the steam web api. Leave empty if the
webapi_authkey.txtfile exists. Otherwise, to allow this you'll need an authorization key which you can generate : http://steamcommunity.com/dev/apikey
- WORKSHOP_COLLECTION_ID - A collection id from the Maps Workshop. The API_AUTHORIZATION_KEY is required. More info : https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/CSGO_Workshop_For_Server_Operators
- WORKSHOP_START_MAP - A map id in the selected collection (WORKSHOP_COLLECTION_ID). The API_AUTHORIZATION_KEY is required.
- MAXPLAYERS - Maximum players that can connect.
- TICKRATE - The tickrate that your server will operate at.
- EXTRAPARAMS - Custom command line parameters
- PARAM_START - Launch settings server.
- PARAM_UPDATE - Update settings server.
If you change the location of the config file, do not forget to change the path in the csgo-server-launcher script file for the CONFIG_FILE var (default
For the console mod, press CTRL+A then D to stop the screen without stopping the server.
- start - Start the server with the PARAM_START var in a screen.
- stop - Stop the server and close the screen loaded.
- status - Display the status of the server (screen down or up)
- restart - Restart the server (stop && start)
- console - Display the server console where you can enter commands.
- update - Update the server based on the PARAM_UPDATE then save the log file in LOG_DIR and send an e-mail to LOG_EMAIL if the var is filled.
- create - Create a server (script must be configured first).
service csgo-server-launcher start
Automatic update with cron
You can automatically update your game server by calling the script in a crontab. Just add this line in your crontab and change the folder if necessary.
0 4 * * * cd /etc/init.d/csgo-server-launcher update >/dev/null 2>&1
This will update your server every day at 4 am.
LICENSE for more details.