LWP::Protocol::Net::Curl - the power of libcurl in the palm of your hands!
#!/usr/bin/env perl; use common::sense; use LWP::Protocol::Net::Curl; use WWW::Mechanize; ...
- support ftp/ftps/http/https/sftp/scp protocols out-of-box (secure layer require libcurl to be compiled with TLS/SSL/libssh2 support)
- support SOCKS4/5 proxy out-of-box
- connection persistence and DNS cache (independent from LWP::ConnCache)
- lightning-fast HTTP compression and redirection
- lower CPU usage: this matters if you
fork()multiple downloader instances
- asynchronous threading via Coro::Select (see eg/async.pl)
- at last but not least: 100% compatible with both LWP and WWW::Mechanize test suites!
By default, every protocol listed in that array will be implemented via LWP::Protocol::Net::Curl. It is possible to import only specific protocols:
use LWP::Protocol::Net::Curl takeover => 0; LWP::Protocol::implementor(https => 'LWP::Protocol::Net::Curl');
The default value of
takeover option is true, resulting in exactly the same behavior as in:
use LWP::Protocol::Net::Curl takeover => 0; LWP::Protocol::implementor($_ => 'LWP::Protocol::Net::Curl') for @LWP::Protocol::Net::Curl::implements;
Default curl_easy_setopt() options can be set during initialization:
use LWP::Protocol::Net::Curl encoding => '', # use HTTP compression by default referer => 'http://google.com/', verbose => 1; # make libcurl print lots of stuff to STDERR
Or during runtime, using special HTTP headers (prefixed by
use LWP::Protocol::Net::Curl; use LWP::UserAgent; my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new; my $res = $ua->get( 'https://metacpan.org/', X_CurlOpt_Verbose => 1, );
Options set this way have the lowest precedence. For instance, if WWW::Mechanize sets the Referer: by it's own, the value you defined above won't be used.
Quickly enable libcurl verbose mode via
PERL5OPT environment variable:
PERL5OPT=-MLWP::Protocol::Net::Curl=verbose,1 perl your-script.pl
Bonus: it works even if you don't include the
use LWP::Protocol::Net::Curl line!
- better implementation for non-HTTP protocols
- more tests
- expose the inner guts of libcurl while handling encoding/redirects internally
- revise Net::Curl::Multi "event loop" code
- sometimes still complains about Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0xdeadbeef during global destruction.
- in "async mode", each LWP::UserAgent instance "blocks" until all requests finish
- parallel requests via Coro::Select are very inefficient; consider using YADA if you're into event-driven parallel user agents
- Net::Curl::Share support is disabled on threaded Perl builds
- LWP::Protocol::GHTTP - used as a reference for LWP::Protocol implementation
- LWP::Protocol::AnyEvent::http - another LWP::Protocol reference
- YADA - Net::Curl usage reference
- Net::Curl - backend for this module
- LWP::Curl - provides LWP::UserAgent-compatible API via WWW::Curl
Stanislaw Pusep <email@example.com>
This software is copyright (c) 2014 by Stanislaw Pusep.
This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself.
Peter Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>