DocumentVision is a node.js library for processing and understanding scanned documents.
- Image loading using jpeg-compressor, LodePNG and pixel buffers
- Image manipulation using Leptonica (Version 1.69) and OpenCV (Version 2.4.9)
- Line Segment Detection using LSWMS
- OCR using Tesseract (Version 3.03)
- OMR for Barcodes using ZXing (Version 2.3.0)
$ npm install dv
Once you've installed, download that image. You can use any other image containing simple text at 300dpi or higher. Now run the following code snippet to recognize text from your image:
var dv = require('dv'); var fs = require('fs'); var image = new dv.Image('png', fs.readFileSync('textpage300.png')); var tesseract = new dv.Tesseract('eng', image); console.log(tesseract.findText('plain'));
Here are some quick links to help you get started:
DocumentVision is maintained under the Semantic Versioning guidelines as much as possible:
- Version number format is
- Breaking backward compatibility bumps the major (resetting minor and patch)
- New additions without breaking backward compatibility bumps the minor (resetting patch)
- Bug fixes and other changes bumps the patch
External libraries are licensed under their respective licenses.