Privacy friendly voice control for the Mozilla WebThings Gateway
Visit the add-ons page in your WebThings Gateway, and add the 'Voco' add-on.
These are all examples. You don't have to say things exactly like this. Any command should always be preceded by saying "Hey Snips".
Turn things on and off
- "Turn on the table lamp"
- "Lock the back door"
- "Set the color of the living room light to green"
- "Set the brightness of the kitchen light to 70 percent"
Toggle devices at a certain time
- "Turn on the blender in 3 minutes"
- "Close the garage door at 23 minutes past 4"
Toggle devices for a time period
- "Turn on the bedroom heater for 20 minutes"
- "Turn on the bubble blowing machine between 3 and 4 o'clock"
- "Unlock the front door until 3 pm"
- "Turn on the air filter tomorrow afternoon"
- "Lock the front door at lunchtime" (11-13 o'clock)
Query a specific device
- "Is the front door locked?"
- "Is the bedroom heater on or off?"
- "What is the humidity level of the weather station?"
More general queries
- What are the levels of the plant sensor?" -> Will give you all sensor values of the plant sensor
Queries accros multiple devices
- "How warm is it?" -> Will get you all temperature values in the home
- "Set a timer for 5 minutes"
- "Set an alarm for a quarter past 9"
- "Wake me up at 7 am"
- "Set a countdown to midnight"
- "At 5 o'clock remind me to wash the car"
- "Remind me to go to the dentist in 40 minutes"
- "How many alarms have been set?"
- "How many timers are there?"
Query timer details
- "Tell me about all my reminders"
- "Can you give me a list of all the timers"
- "Remove the last timer"
- "Delete the last 3 alarms"
- "Disable the countdown"
- "Cancel all timers"
- "What time is it?"
- "Set the volume of snips to 95"
- Strong focus on privacy. Once installed, there is no internet connection required or used. Listening can be toggled on and off.
- Extendable. Override the built-in assistant with one you created yourself at snips.ai. To keep the above mentioned abilities, make sure you add the 'Candle' app to your assistant.
The Playstation Eye is a 4-microphone array that can be plugged into your Raspberry Pi via USB. It can be bought new for about $12. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Eye
Voco is built on Snips https://snips.ai/
Voco is inspired by the original Voice Addon made by Andre Natal. https://github.com/andrenatal/voice-addon/
Work on Voco was supported by the SHERPA project, a H2020 research project into AI issues by the European Union. https://project-sherpa.eu
Work on Voco was also supported by the Creative Industries Fund NL https://stimuleringsfonds.nl/en
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme, under grant agreement No 786641.