Privacy friendly voice control for the WebThings Gateway smart home control software.
For more details, visit:
Visit the add-ons page in your WebThings Gateway, and add the 'Voco' add-on.
These are all examples. You don't have to phrase things exactly like this, the AI will understand different variations. Any command should always be preceded by saying "Hey Snips" or "Hey Candle".
Turn things on and off
- "Turn on the table lamp"
- "Lock the back door"
- "Set the color of the living room light to green"
- "Set the brightness of the kitchen light to 70 percent"
- "Set the kitchen light to 70"
- "Turn off (all) the lights"
Toggle devices at a certain time
- "Turn on the blender in 3 minutes"
- "Close the garage door at 23 minutes past 4"
Toggle devices for a time period
- "Turn on the bedroom heater for 20 minutes"
- "Turn on the bubble blowing machine between 3 and 4 o'clock"
- "Unlock the front door until 3 pm"
- "Turn on the air filter tomorrow afternoon"
- "Lock the front door at lunchtime" (11-13 o'clock)
- "At 5 o clock turn on the radio for 3 minutes"
Query a specific device
- "Is the front door locked?"
- "Is the bedroom heater on or off?"
- "What is the humidity level of the weather station?"
More general queries
- "What are the levels of the plant sensor?" -> Will give you all sensor values of the plant sensor
- "Increase the volume of the radio"
- "Lower the volume of the radio"
- "Set a timer for 5 minutes"
- "Set an alarm for a quarter past 9"
- "Wake me up at 7 am"
- "Set a countdown to midnight"
- "At 5 o'clock remind me to wash the car"
- "Remind me to go to the dentist in 40 minutes"
- "How many alarms have been set?"
- "How many timers are there?"
Query timer details
- "Tell me about all my reminders"
- "Can you give me a list of all the timers"
- "Remove the last timer"
- "Delete the last 3 alarms"
- "Disable the countdown"
- "Cancel all timers"
- "What time is it?"
- "Set the volume of snips to 95"
- Strong focus on privacy. Once installed, there is no internet connection required or used. Listening can be toggled on and off.
- Supports satellite functionality, so you can expand voice control to all rooms in your home. The devices then communicate over the local network only.
The Playstation Eye is a 4-microphone array that can be plugged into your Raspberry Pi via USB. It can be bought new for about $12. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Eye
Voco is built on Snips https://snips.ai/
Voco is inspired by the original Voice Addon made by Andre Natal. https://github.com/andrenatal/voice-addon/
Work on Voco was supported by the SHERPA project, a H2020 research project into AI issues by the European Union. https://project-sherpa.eu
Work on Voco was also supported by the Creative Industries Fund NL https://stimuleringsfonds.nl/en
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme, under grant agreement No 786641.