Creative Commons Site Reliability Engineering WordPress Data Pull
Code of Conduct
The Creative Commons team is committed to fostering a welcoming community. This project and all other Creative Commons open source projects are governed by our Code of Conduct. Please report unacceptable behavior to email@example.com per our reporting guidelines.
- Destination web hosting and WordPress are configured independently (ex. by
wp-config.phpis already setup
- user is a member of
- WP-CLI is installed on the destination host
- WordPress source data was created using /states/wordpress/files/backup_wordpress.sh found in the creativecommons/sre-salt-prime repository.
- Optionally, run
backup_wordpress.shon the source host
- Clone this repository
- Make a copy of one of the appropriate
- Execute script with config file as only argument. For example:
(Only documenting CLI utitilities here. There are also many WordPress plugins devoted to migrating, mirroring, and syncing.)
- jplew/SyncDB: Bash script meant to take the tedium out of deploying and updating database-driven (eg Wordpress) websites. It rapidly synchronizes local and remote versions of a MySQL database, performs the necessary search and replace queries, then synchronizes all your uploads/binaries.