Study Guide Jekyll Theme
I adapted this theme from a blog posting theme I created. Operation is pretty simple, but there are a few steps and things to keep in mind.
- To create a new section, create a [SECTION_NAME].md file in the _category folder. In the front matter (the lines separated by top and bottom lines of three dashes (---)) include two fields:
- tag: this should be the category name used to tag articles. Category names cannot have spaces in them, so if you want to have a space, instead use a hyphen. This will be edited out in the pages.
- permalink: this is what will show up in the URL bar for the category page. It should be in the format of "/[category_name]". You should use a permalink that's identical to the tag except entirely lowercase letters. You may find it helpful to reference the documents already created in the _category folder in this if you're confused.
- To create a new post, create a new .md file in the _posts directory. It should include the following:
- title: the title of your post
- layout: this should always be "post"
- categories: tags you're assigning the article
- preview: What appears in the preview box in the feed and category page.
Images should go in the assets/images folder, but they really can go anywhere, if you want to mess with it.
Everything else should be automated, and posts use markdown syntax.
If you have any questions, hit me up.