An openFrameworks project for a singing and printing sculpture.
- Reads sentences from an XML file
- Prints a single sentence per receipt with big margins.
- Plays a video for the duration of printing the sentence.
- plays audio only while printing words(uses multi-threading)
- has different possible speeds
- I scraped the novel Anna Karenina for every sentence that started with the word "She." The python code I used to do so is also included and is called "sheScrape.py".
First you need openFrameworks. And the following ofxAddons:
ofxXmlSettings ofxESCPOS ofxIO ofxSerial
I used a T20 Epson printer. Special thank you to Christopher Baker for his awesome ofxESCPOS Addon!
This was last tested on a 10.9.5 mac with Xcode 5.1.1 and OF 0.8.1