Dux (/dʌks, dʊks/; plural: ducēs)
Dux is a converter from markdown to ready to deploy websites for documentation.
It is built to lead people easily through your documentation
The idea came from the fact that I always wanted a simple consistent design for my documentation. And when I saw that services like gitbook and more were changing to become payed services. I thought why not design my own.
Markdown makes documentation writting very easy and simple and this can also be used for simple documentation.
Things To Know
- Each left menu item is equivalent to a
- The syntax highlight for inline code is js
- If there is no Code Block design uses one main column
- Generates a one page website in: duxOutput
A simple command line will let you convert your directory into a beautiful documentation website.
npm start <projectName> <projectDirectory>
npm start DuxApi md
You can also install the npm package globally:
npm install -g dux-documentation
You can then execute Dux with:
dux <projectName> <projectDirectory>
- Change css to SASS for customization
- Add Is-Active to menu on
- Review template for menu to add ID of nav-item
- Being able to handle Code language specification
- .dux extension for more customizable .md
- cards (custom example)
<div class="box message-preview"> <div class="top"> <div class="avatar"> <img src="https://placehold.it/128x128"> </div> <div class="address"> <div class="name">John Smith</div> <div class="email">firstname.lastname@example.org</div> </div> <hr> <div class="content"> </div> </div> </div>