Cuba demo appcuba-demo: a
The aim of this dummy demo app is to show some simple design patterns and implementation techniques that real world Cuba apps may follow.
- RVM, the Ruby Version Manager.
- Ruby (rvm install ruby-1.9.3-p125)
- Bundler (the latest versions of RVM will install it for you automatically)
How to run the test suite
- Clone the repository (git clone git://github.com/cristianrasch/cuba-demo.git)
- cd to the project directory.
- Run the bundle install command to have all the required libraries** installed
- Run the rake command (rake:test it's the default task see the Rakefile for details)
** If you don't have them installed already you will need to install SQLite 3 development files on your system. If you are using Debian or a derived OS such as Ubuntu you can simply install the libsqlite3-dev package.
How to run the app
- Once you have installed all the dependencies, simply run the rackup command to fire up Rack's default WEB server.
- Point your browser to this URL
Besides learning about Cuba, you will also be learning how to integrate the following libraries into the mix:
- Sequel, the database toolkit for Ruby.
- Mini::Test, minimal (mostly drop-in) replacement for test-unit.
- Capybara, an acceptance test framework for web applications.
cuba-demo is released under the MIT license