Game Workshop 2019
Welcome to the Game Workshop (2019) for the Idaho Falls Programmers user group.
- Provide working knowledge of at least one game development technique in preparation for our October Game Jam.
- Avoid requiring an installed game development system (Unity, Unreal, etc).
- Target a cross OS platform for easy distribution/showcasing (modern web browsers).
- Each branch is a snapshot at a feature delivery of this example game.
- Start with master and then move to each snapshot in order:
- Note: at the live version we are going to program all this together without checking out these branches.
- A laptop if you are joining us at the live version of this workshop. We probably won't have room for a full PC setup.
- Updated web browser. This has been tested with Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers.
- A code editor (or text editor) that you are comfortable with. Visual Studio Code works well enough and is free and cross platform.
- A local web server program (avoids possible problems with asset delivery to the browser)
Possible Local Servers
|Caddy Web Server||
If you can't make it that night, or want to come back to this later, we will be following this post step by step.
- Liberated Pixel Cup
- art assets
- Nelson James Gatlin
- Johnathan Roatch