Containers offer efficiency, flexibility, and portability out of the box, becoming a popular platform for application and database developers who wants to build sandbox environments without the burdens of a complex infrastructure.
This session will provide you a basic understanding; also, guidelines and options we have when working with SQL Server containers, whether on Docker or Kubernetes. Spending extended periods installing, configuring, and preparing databases and SQL Server instances are no longer the cases with containers.
You will be able to leverage SQL Server containers to build database environments quickly at the end of this session.
- Basic experience with Linux
- Basic familiarity with shell scripting
- DBA / database developer experience with SQL Server
- Basic SQL container management
- Inspecting and monitoring SQL container
- Client connectivity
- Persitent storage (data) with Docker volumes
- SQL Server Kubernetes deployment
- SQL Server HA in Kubernetes
If you have questions or comments about this demo, don't hesitate to contact me at email@example.com