Clone this wiki locally
How to get started
This software is yet under development. It's probable that you will need to fully resync and reset your setup because of a future PKC update. The idea of PKC is that you make all changes on the Plex side and then let PKC sync them to Kodi, potentially overwriting what Kodi has in its database - it is thus highly discouraged to make any manual adjustments to your media on the Kodi side, such as setting artwork for movie sets. Chances are that you will have to reset the Kodi database at some point, losing all your manual changes.
- A Plex Media Server or access to a friend's PMS
- Kodi or a derivative like LibreELEC for the Raspberry Pi
Use of Low-Power/Low-CPU devices (Raspberry Pi, CuBox)
If your low-power device crashes or becomes instable, go to the PKC settings, Sync Options:
- Limit download sync threads: choose 1
I personally use a Raspberry Pi 3 that works flawless with 5 download threads.
- It is advisable to uninstall everything else Plex-related first, e.g. PlexBMC and PlexBMC Helper.
- PKC is not yet compatible to the Kodi plugin Video Extras. Video Extras will cause videos to start randomly.
- Don't use PKC together with Emby for Kodi.
- PKC is not and never will be compatible to Kodi MySQL databases
Installation from Repository (recommended)
This method allows an easier installation and - above all - automatic updates.
- Download the PlexKodiConnect Repository for Kodi from here
- Follow this guideline to install the file you just downloaded from Zip
- Navigate to Add-ons > Install from repository > PlexKodiConnect Addons. The listing might not appear at first. Simply press "c" on your keyboard or open the context menu while your cursor is on PKC repository and select "Force Refresh"
- Install PKC by entering the PlexKodiConnect repo and selecting Video Add-ons > PlexKodiConnect.
- Configure PKC: keep reading and see below!!
Why is PKC not "officially" available via the standard Kodi repository? PKC messes with your Kodi databases, something the Kodi devs don't want to support.
Some notes on using the beta version:
- You can only have either the beta version or the regular version installed
- You can switch between beta and regular by simply uninstalling the one you don't want anymore, then install the other
- You should not lose any data when switching from regular to beta or from beta back to the regular version (PKC sync stuff, media, metadata, PKC settings)
Manual Installation (not recommended)
You will not receive automatic updates of PlexKodiConnect.
- Download the following Kodi plugin ZIP files and put them somewhere where you can access them from Kodi:
- Open each ZIP file you downloaded and make sure that the folders they contain are named exactly like this:
- Follow this guideline to install from Zip. Install the main plugin last!
- Within a few seconds you should be prompted to log into plex.tv. If you are not prompted to log into plex.tv, try to restart Kodi
It is important to customize your PKC setup so that it works like you want it to. See how to configure PKC on the first run to get you started.