Cronie contains the standard UNIX daemon crond that runs specified programs at scheduled times and related tools. The source is based on the original vixie-cron and has security and configuration enhancements like the ability to use pam and SELinux.
And why cronie? [http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cronie]
Latest released version is 1.6.1.
User visible changes:
- crond: Fix regression of handling ranges (x-y) in crontab
- crond: Add switch -f as an alias for -n
- crond: Add random within range '~' operator
- crond: Use the configure runstatedir directory for pid file
- crond: Increase the maximum number of crontab entries to 10000
- anacron: Fix problem of anacron not being started on some desktops
- crontab: switch off colors if NO_COLOR is set
- crontab: crontab without arguments now works if stdin is not a TTY
- crond: Fix various issues on loading the crontab databases on startup
- anacron: Expand MAILTO and MAILFROM environment variables
- crontab: New option to test crontab file syntax without installing it
- Explicitly validate upper end of range and step to disallow entries such as: 1-234/5678 * * * * ....
- crond: Report missing newline before EOF in syslog so the line is not completely silently ignored.
- crontab -l colors comment lines in a different color.
- crond: Revert "Avoid creating pid files when crond doesn't fork".
- anacron is built by default.
- Use non-recursive build.
- cronnext: Allow to optionally select jobs by substring.
- crond: Fix regression from previous release. Only first job from a crontab was being run.
- Fix CVE-2019-9704 and CVE-2019-9705 to avoid local DoS of the crond.
- crontab: Make crontab without arguments fail.
- crond: In PAM configuration include system-auth instead of password-auth.
- crond: In the systemd service file restart crond if it fails.
- crond: Use the role from the crond context for system job contexts.
- Multiple small cleanups and fixes.
The source can be downloaded from [https://github.com/cronie-crond/cronie/releases]
Cronie is packaged by these distributions:
- Fedora [https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/cronie]
- Mandriva [http://sophie.zarb.org/srpm/Mandriva,cooker,/cronie/history]
- Gentoo [http://packages.gentoo.org/package/sys-process/cronie]
- Source Mage [http://dbg.download.sourcemage.org/grimoire/codex/stable/utils/cronie/]
- openSUSE [https://software.opensuse.org/package/cronie]
- Arch Linux [https://www.archlinux.org/packages/core/x86_64/cronie/]
- Void Linux [https://github.com/void-linux/void-packages/tree/master/srcpkgs/cronie]
cronie-devel AT lists.fedorahosted DOT org
To report bugs please use the github issue tracker of this project.