jQuery File Upload Plugin
- Multiple file upload:
Allows to select multiple files at once and upload them simultaneously.
- Drag & Drop support:
Allows to upload files by dragging them from your desktop or filemanager and dropping them on your browser window.
- Upload progress bar:
Shows a progress bar indicating the upload progress for individual files and for all uploads combined.
- Cancelable uploads:
Individual file uploads can be canceled to stop the upload progress.
- Resumable uploads:
Aborted uploads can be resumed with browsers supporting the Blob API.
- Chunked uploads:
Large files can be uploaded in smaller chunks with browsers supporting the Blob API.
- Preview images:
A preview of image files can be displayed before uploading with browsers supporting the required HTML5 APIs.
- No browser plugins (e.g. Adobe Flash) required:
- Graceful fallback for legacy browsers:
Uploads files via XMLHttpRequests if supported and uses iframes as fallback for legacy browsers.
- HTML file upload form fallback:
- Cross-site file uploads:
Supports uploading files to a different domain with Cross-site XMLHttpRequests.
- Multiple plugin instances:
Allows to use multiple plugin instances on the same webpage.
- Customizable and extensible:
Provides an API to set individual options and define callBack methods for various upload events.
- Multipart and file contents stream uploads:
Files can be uploaded as standard "multipart/form-data" or file contents stream (HTTP PUT file upload).
- Compatible with any server-side application platform:
Works with Google App Engine (Python, Java), Ruby on Rails, PHP and any other platform that supports HTTP file uploads.
Browser Support (tested versions)
- Google Chrome - 7.0, 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0
- Apple Safari - 4.0, 5.0 ¹
- Mozilla Firefox - 3.5, 3.6, 4.0
- Opera - 10.6, 11.0, 11.1 ²
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0 ³
¹ Drag & Drop is not supported on the Windows version of Safari.
² Opera has no suppport for Drag & Drop or upload progress, but support for multiple file selection since version 11.1.
³ MSIE has no support for Drag & Drop, multiple file selection or upload progress.
Released under the MIT license.