Yum-axelget is a plugin for yum that accelerates download rate with multi-threads by axel.
- Use axel to download rpm pakcage, as well as delta package(a.k.a drpm or presto)
- Also download repo metadata based on yum.conf.mdpolicy
- Format the output of axel and let it look like default yum progress bar
You can get the program from https://github.com/crook/yum-axelget/releases.
or get latest codes:
git clone https://github.com/crook/yum-axelget
Before install yum-axelget, you need to install the following dependences:
sudo yum install axel sudo yum install yum-plugin-fastestmirror
Now 'yum-axelget' are in Fedora Official Repository. On Fedora, use this command to install:
sudo yum install yum-axelget
Run 'sudo python setup.py install' in source directory. or:
sudo cp axelget.conf /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/ sudo cp axelget.py /usr/lib/yum-plugins/
sudo /usr/bin/yum --debuglevel=3 YumCommand
Please send the console output of the above command for help and support
- Get code from https://github.com/crook/yum-axelget
- Change and test in your localhost
- Send pull request to https://github.com/crook/yum-axelget
- You can also help to review patches in https://github.com/crook/yum-axelget/pulls
Disable axelget plugin firstly to check yum is working well:
sudo yum --disableplugin=axelget YumCommand
If yes, it should be a bug with yum-axelget.
Please report your problem by create a new issue in github: https://github.com/crook/yum-axelget/issues
Or send email to Ray Chen email@example.com