Note: Links marked with "
☠️: A 1-1 network pipe that auto discovers other peers using mdns. Can send text, or files.
- AKASHA: A Next-Generation Social Media Network. Powered by the Ethereum world computer. Embedded into the Inter-Planetary File System.
- Beaker: Experimental browser. It adds new technologies for Peer-to-Peer applications while staying compatible with the rest of the Web.
- Bitmessage: P2P communications protocol used to send encrypted messages to another person or to many subscribers.
- CacheP2P: highly distributed cache platform based on WebTorrent and runs only in the browser.
- Computes: A decentralized and distributed computing platform.
- Dat desktop app: Decentralized data tool for distributing data small and large.
- Demonsaw: Secure and anonymous information sharing application that makes security simple and gives you back control of your data.
- Diaspora: A privacy-aware, distributed, open source social network. Main pod is at Diasp.eu.
- Dropub: Share files for free on the internet. It's like Dropbox meets BitTorrent.
- Ferment: P2P audio publishing and streaming application. Like SoundCloud but decentralized. Built using SSB + Webtorrent.
- FilePizza: Free peer-to-peer file transfers in your browser.
- Friends: P2P chat powered by the web. This project is alpha quality.
- Handshake: Decentralized, permissionless naming protocol compatible with DNS where every peer is validating and in charge of managing the root zone with the goal of creating an alternative to existing Certificate Authorities.
- Hubzilla: General purpose communication server integrated with a web publishing system and a decentralised permission system. Social network bits, some cloud storage bits, some blog and forum bits, and some content management bits. These are all integrated within a common privacy framework - and it is all decentralised.
- Hyperpad: Peer-to-peer collaborative text editor.
- I2P: Anonymous network, exposing a simple layer that applications can use to anonymously and securely send messages to each other.
- instant.io: Streaming file transfer over WebTorrent (torrents on the web).
- IPFS bin
☠️: Pastebin application for sharing code and text documents to other people.
- IPFS Desktop: A native application to run your own IPFS Node.
- iWant: Commandline tool for searching and downloading files in LAN network, without any central server.
- LCVPN: Light decentralized VPN in golang.
- MaidSafe: Decentralized internet and app infrastructure which rewards users for participating in the network.
- Meshbird: Meshbird enables distributed private networking across geographically dispersed datacenters.
- Neocities: Geocities-style websites, but decentralized.
- NewNode: Decentralized Content Distribution Network (dCDN).
- OnionShare: Open source tool that lets you securely and anonymously share a file of any size.
- Open Bazaar: Decentralized network for P2P commerce online - using Bitcoin - that has no fees and no restrictions.
- Orbit: Distributed, serverless, peer-to-peer chat application on IPFS.
- ORC: Onion Routed Cloud, a decentralized, anonymous, file storage platform. It uses the Tor network.
- Orion: Easy to Use, Inter Planetary File System (IPFS) desktop client.
- Patchwork: Decentralized messaging and sharing app built on top of Secure Scuttlebutt (SSB). Another alternative interface is Patchbay.
- Peertransfer: Send a file p2p and e2e encrypted using nothing but your browser.
- PeerTube: Video streaming platform using BitTorrent directly in the web browser, with WebTorrent and Angular. Demo server at peertube.cpy.re.
- Philes: A simple IPFS-powered decentralized notepad app.
- reep.io: Transfer files directly to another browser, your peer will be able to download the file directly from you.
- Ricochet: Different approach to instant messaging that doesn’t trust anyone in protecting your privacy. It uses the Tor network.
- Riot: Collaboration client for the web. Chat, VOIP video, file transfer, end-to-end crypto.
- Roll-Call: Free and reliable audio calls for everyone w/ browser P2P.
☠️: Clone of Apple AirDrop service. Allows transfering files directly between devices, without having to upload them to any server first.
- Steem: Blockchain-based social media platform where anyone can earn rewards.
- Storj: Blockchain-based, end-to-end encrypted, distributed object storage, where only you have access to your data.
- Syncthing-GTK: GUI for Syncthing - a continuous file synchronization program.
- TheDistributedBay: P2P rewrite of the Open Bay/Pirate Bay. It uses a completely distributed protocol to share entries between numerous nodes, this makes it nearly impossible to take down by seizure of servers. Each node contains a complete copy and any changes are propagate through the network.
- Ticktack: Decentralized social platform for people to share knowledge and exchange value, with P2P messaging encrypted feature. Built on top of Secure Scuttlebutt (SSB).
- Tox: Instant messaging application, without central servers. The system is distributed, peer-to-peer, and end-to-end encrypted.
☠️: P2P pipe across the web using webrtc that uses Github private/public key for authentication and a signalhub for discovery. Can send text, or files.
- WebTorrent Desktop: WebTorrent Desktop is for streaming torrents. It connects to both BitTorrent and WebTorrent peers.
- YaCy: Free distributed search engine, built on principles of P2P networks.
- ZeroNet: Open, free and uncensorable websites, using Bitcoin cryptography and BitTorrent network. Uncensored, no hosting costs, always accessible.
- Bitcoin: Unless you've been living under a rock for the past 5 years, you should know about Bitcoin.
- Ethereum: Decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference.
- Zcash: Permission-less financial system employing zero-knowledge security.
- Blockstack: The new decentralized internet. Platform for application development with built in decentralized DNS.
- Cryptosphere: Open-source P2P web application platform for decentralized, privacy-preserving software which keeps users in control of their own content.
- okTurtles: DNSChain = Secure Blockchain Access and BlockchainID = decentralized web login.
- Solid: A proposed set of conventions and tools for building decentralized social applications based on Linked Data principles.
- Blockply: Blockply is a collection of the most interesting & outstanding Blockchain projects.
To the extent possible under law, the author of this page has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.