This is the repository where proposals for substantial changes to Crossbeam are discussed. Such proposals take the form of a written document (an RFC) and end up with consensus among the following Crossbeam team members:
For real-time collaboration we hang out in the IRC channel
Everyone is welcome to submit RFCs and participate in existing ones.
To submit a new RFC:
- Write the document and fill in the blanks.
- Submit a pull request.
The life-cycle of an RFC
- A proposal is submitted as a PR.
- Discussion takes place, and the text is revised in response.
- The PR is merged or closed when all of the members reach consensus.
What needs an RFC?
- Very large sets of changes.
- Discussions that are too difficult to track without an elaborate and evolving document.
- Hard decisions that need careful analysis and consensus in order to unblock other things.
What doesn't need an RFC?
- Bug fixes.
- Documentation changes.
- Simple and uncontroversial changes.
- Experimental, fast-moving Crossbeam subprojects.
Licensed under the terms of MIT license and the Apache License (Version 2.0).