Hashed Contacts is a drop-in iOS library that provides a wrapper around the Address Book frameworks designed to ensure the privacy of user data. It does this in two ways:
- Before access is ever made to the Address Book the user will first be prompted for permission
- Once access is granted the library returns hashed tokens representing the user's private data rather than the data itself.
These two steps do much to establish user trust with how you treat their data.
Copy the two files
DTSHashedContactsProvider.m into your project from
Supports iOS 4.0 and above
Replace the value of DTSHashSALT in DTSHashedContactsProvider.m and remove the warning.
See a full working example of how this library can be used by opening the included in this repository.
To use the library simply initialize an instance of the
DTSHashedContactsProvider class. Note: You will need to retain a reference to this instance until you are done loading the user's data.
You may configure this in three ways:
- Choose the hashing method used via the
hashingMethodproperty. Options are SHA1 and SHA512
- Specify the alert title via the
- Specify the alert message via the
A default value for the alert is provided based on the application display name.