/ crossplane Public
hasheddan released this
27 Apr 23:40
· 91 commits to release-1.2 since this release
The v1.2.0 release introduces a number of small improvements to Crossplane's deployment model, while also adding some key new features, such as a CLI command to update installed package versions, and shifting CRD management from Helm to dedicated
initContainers. Crossplane documentation has also been expanded to include a guide on documentation around running Crossplane in multi-tenant environments.
- #2271 updates the default
imagePullPolicyfor Crossplane and the RBAC Manager to
IfNotPresentto guard against constantly pulling new images on a default Helm chart install that becomes unhealthy.
- #2269 makes it optional to create aggregated RBAC roles when deploying Crossplane, allowing users to have more control of Crossplane's permission footprint at the expense of more management overhead.
- #2254 adds a
kubectl crossplane install providerto allow specifying a
ControllerConfigto reference on a newly installed
- #2239 adds the ability to specify additional environment variables that should be set in the Crossplane and RBAC Manager deployments.
- #2245 swiches from using
distroless/static:nonrootbase image to
distroless/staticto address a breaking change in runc v1.0.0-rc93.
- #2240 makes the Helm deployments use
runAsUser: 65532to be consistent with the uid in the base image.
- #2230 pins the
provider-awsdependency in the
registry.upbound.io/xp/getting-started-with-aws-with-vpcimage so that it remains compatible with the existing "Getting Started" guide.
- #2222 passes
contextto all OCI image registry requests such that deadlines will be respected.
- #2108 removes cloud provider keychains from the OCI image registry authentication flow, which had not been formally supported. In some environments, a bug in the upstream authentication flows could cause controllers to hang forever.
- #2203 add support for
int64transforms, which fixes a bug that prevented from any integer transforms being performed in the composition engine. This is described in further detail here.
- #2200 fixes a bug in claim deletion that prevented a claim from being cleaned up after its composite resource has been deleted.
- #2167 sets the default maximum concurrent reconciles for all composition controllers to be the same (5).
- #2111 added
kubectl crossplane provider updateand
kubectl crossplane configuration updatecommands to support upgrading an installed package to a different version.
Crossplane now manages its own CRDs, making running
helm upgrade the only step required for upgrading to v1.2.0. See the Upgrading Guide for more information.