This is a pure OCaml implementation of the DNS protocol. It is intended to be a reasonably high-performance implementation, but clarity is preferred rather than low-level performance hacks.
To build it, the following packages are required:
- OCaml 3.12.0 or higher.
- Lwt 2.3.2 or higher: http://ocsigen.org/lwt/
- Cstruct: http://github.com/mirage/ocaml-cstruct
- Re: http://github.com/mirage/ocaml-re
lib/contains the core DNS protocol, which is packed into the
lib_test/contains unit tests and sample uses of the library. In particular,
time_serveris a simple dynamic responder.
Areas that need work:
- We need a Lwt-based client resolver, preferably both recursive and iterative. Patches for this are highly welcome!
- EDNS0 extensions.
- DNSSEC extensions (using Cryptokit).