Clone this wiki locally
See Schedule & Planning Page: Install-Fest-Prep
Worklist and Ideas
You've got your setup, and you'r chomping at the bit to get some hacking under your belt... now what? This is what this page is for. The idea is to update it during the day with things that work & things that bork.
- There are 2 sections:
- reality-check - these are the bork.
- mountains ahead - pick some cool new feature capability or idea to pull in.
Feel free to add (and especially update).
- If it works for you update the status.
Dashboard + keystone + Nova + glance + swift + quantum
Nova + kvm + lxc
- This is a list of things to be aware. Add and update as you find them.
- Admin install stops (sometimes) complaining about swap partition not found.
- WORKAROUND: Press enter (once or twice) to retry the operation. It succeeds from there.
- After installation missing login prompt (admin and non-admin node)
- WORKAROUND: Press Alt-F1 to get to login screen
- Seems that Ubuntu 12.04 may have changed default screen after boot.
- This may be VMWare-based systems only.
- Basic Vlan
- OpneVSwitch Integration
- Networking mode - DHCP
- Networking mode - injected
- See Hypervisor selection page here: http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/hypervisor-configuration-basics.html
- Nova volume
- Slogging / Metering info: http://wiki.openstack.org/development/swift/slogging
- Swift Informant: https://github.com/pandemicsyn/swift-informant
- HA mySQL / DRDB
- Duplicate Server - make a new server like another (e.g. add to all relevant proposals)
- Decomission server
Cross-Cloud portal: http://wiki.openstack.org/web-cloud-management-system