Ambient Hue Lighting Controller
This python script examines pixels on your main screen and sets your #2 Phillips Hue light to the average of those colours.
This is intended to provide a an experience similar to the amBX lighting system: http://www.ambx.com/
- Uses PIL to grab your screen
- Might only work with windowed/fullscreen windowed programs?
- python gamehue.py
- Thanks to studioimaginaire; I use their Python interface for the Hue hub.
- I envisioned starting my computer, my light turning on, changing colours as relevant, and turning off when I turned off my machine. There are two conflicting problems with this:
- Easily getting shutdown messages requires being a service
- Taking screengrabs is very difficult (impossible?) as a service
- Until I can figure out a way to resolve this, this script serves as an interesting artifact but nothing truly practical.