sonoshue: Sonos Hue Server
The product of the Q1 2013 Innovation Week at Sonos, this Python program performs three functions:
- Interfaces with a Phillips Hue hub by using studioimaginaire's phue script
- Provides an interface for this for a Sonos system via a SMAPI service
- By interpreting specific "play" commands received from a Sonos ZonePlayer, provides control over the Phillips Hue bulbs.
- You don't have to use the (kind of awful) Phillips Hue app
- Setting alarms to turn on a light is a fair bit easier
- Build a playlist where the light changes from song to song!
- Build a playlist comprised exclusively of light controls, put it on loop and shuffle, and you've got yourself a disco!
- Press the button on your Hue hub (only necessary the first time)
- python hue.py [hueHubIP]
- In a web browser, access http://[ZonePlayerIP]:1400/customsd.htm
- Enter "Hue" as the name
- Change SID if you have added other custom services to your Sonos system
- Both endpoints are http://[yourIP]:8080/hue
- Login: Anonymous
- Leave other settings as-is
- On your Sonos system, access the Service Settings menu, and add Hue
- Control your Hue lights from the new Hue entry on your Music Menu
- pysimplesoap, as all communication with your Sonos components is via SOAP
WTFPL - http://www.wtfpl.net