Avogadro is an advanced molecular editor designed for cross-platform use in computational chemistry, molecular modeling, bioinformatics, materials science, and related areas. It offers flexible rendering and a powerful plugin architecture.
- Cross-Platform: Molecular builder/editor for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
- Free, Open Source: Easy to install and all source code is available under the GNU GPL.
- International: Translations into over 25 languages, including Chinese, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish, with more languages to come.
- Intuitive: Built to work easily for students and advanced researchers both.
- Fast: Supports multi-threaded rendering and computation.
- Extensible: Plugin architecture for developers, including rendering, interactive tools, commands, and Python scripts.
- Flexible: Features include Open Babel import of chemical files, input generation for multiple computational chemistry packages, crystallography, and biomolecules.
For more information, see http://avogadro.cc/
Discussion Forum: http://discuss.avogadro.cc/
Avogadro is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Avogadro is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
See INSTALL file for installation instructions.
Support us with a monthly donation and help us continue our activities. [Become a backer]