.NET Bitcoin & Altcoins library
- Compatible with Bitcoin Core RPC API.
- Strongly-typed structures for complex RPC requests and responses.
- Implicit JSON casting for all RPC messages.
- Extended methods for every-day scenarios where the built-in methods fall short.
- Exposure of all RPC API's functionality as well as the extended methods through a single interface.
- Custom RPC exceptions.
- Supports all Bitcoin clones.
- Can operate on unlimited daemons with a single library reference.
- Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, SmartCash, Dash and other Altcoins included.
- Each coin instance can be fully parametrized at run-time and implement its own constants.
- Demo client included.
- Disconnected raw RPC connector included for quick'n'dirty debugging.
- Handles and relays RPC internal server errors along with their error code.
- Can work without a
- Fully compatible with Mono.
- Test Network (testnet) and Regression Test Mode (regtest) ready.
- Fully configurable.
This library took a significant amount of time and effort to build and requires continuous maintenance in order to keep up with changes introduced with every new Bitcoin-Core release. Keep it up by donating at: 15Nb3RhMd13zp5Pc7yngUon83nFtEZUyBA
Premium Support is available by our team of experts at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
BitcoinLib is available on NuGet:
From version 1.4.0, BitcoinLib follows Semantic Versioning 2.0.0.
Building from source
To build BitcoinLib from source, you will need either the .NET Core SDK or Visual Studio.
Building & running tests
With Visual Studio you can build BitcoinLib and run the tests
from inside the IDE, otherwise with the
tool you can execute:
dotnet build src/BitcoinLib.sln
Instructions for Bitcoin
- Locate your
bitcoin.conffile (in Windows it's under:
%AppData%\Roaming\Bitcoin, if it's not there just go ahead and create it) and add these lines:
rpcuser = MyRpcUsername rpcpassword = MyRpcPassword server=1 txindex=1
- Edit the
app.configfile in the Console test client to best fit your needs. Make sure you also update the
bitcoin.conffile when you alter the
Instructions for Litecoin and other Bitcoin clones
- Perform the same steps as those mentioned above for Bitcoin.
- Litecoin configuration file is:
%AppData%\Roaming\Litecoinand its daemon is:
- Each coin can be initialized by its own interface specification:
IBitcoinService BitcoinService = new BitcoinService();
ILitecoinService LitecoinService = new LitecoinService();
- Any bitcoin clone can be adopted without any further installation steps with the use of the generic
ICryptocoinService cryptocoinService = new CryptocoinService("daemonUrl", "rpcUsername", "rpcPassword", "walletPassword");
(ICryptocoinService).Parametersto fully configure each coin pointer at run-time.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <configuration> <appSettings> <!-- BitcoinLib settings start --> <!-- Shared RPC settings start --> <add key="RpcRequestTimeoutInSeconds" value="10" /> <!-- Shared RPC settings end --> <!-- Bitcoin settings start --> <add key="Bitcoin_DaemonUrl" value="http://localhost:8332" /> <add key="Bitcoin_DaemonUrl_Testnet" value="http://localhost:18332" /> <add key="Bitcoin_WalletPassword" value="MyWalletPassword" /> <add key="Bitcoin_RpcUsername" value="MyRpcUsername" /> <add key="Bitcoin_RpcPassword" value="MyRpcPassword" /> <!-- Bitcoin settings end --> <!-- BitcoinLib settings end --> </appSettings> </configuration>